Update for HideVolume OSD

I didn’t have too much time the last years. The were some issues with HideVolumeOSD I new and now the GitHub user https://github.com/TheCakeIsNaOH has contributed a pull request that fixes some of them.

There was the annoying “Severe error: OSD Window not found!” message that shouldn’t appear any more. The other one was that the application sometimes stopped working at all.

I have built a new version 1.3 you can download…

HideVolumeOSD 1.3 download

All credits for this version go to https://github.com/TheCakeIsNaOH

When executing the setup you will get a Windows SmartScreen warning. This is caused by the fact that I have no commercial certificate to sign the application/setup, because it’s for free. To bypass this, just click on “More Info” at the SmartScreen warning and then on “Run anyway” to install.

Everyhing else about this application is described here

19 thoughts on “Update for HideVolume OSD

1. Pingback: How to get rid of the Volume OSD in Windows 8 / 8.1 and 10 | Venturi.de

2. John Anthony

Wow! What a relief! That stupid volume OSD was driving me crazy!
    Thanks a lot! Great work!
    I can’t believe you have under 1,000,000 downloads.
    Everybody should get this!

3. Riva

I Love you Man! Thanks a lot! This fu$#$#$ overlay was ruining my life! I’m searching for month for a solution! THANK YOU!

4. Amy

This is perfect! That stupid little thing always covered over some controls when I was working in an application, and now it’s gone! FREEDOM!!!!!!
    Thanks dude this is epic.

5. Kutay

Wow man that is the thing I am looking for like months and it runs perfectly well. This annaying thing irritates me so much when I am working or playing on fullscreen. I didn’t mind so much when I can turn off it on spotify settings but they removed this option in last update. But it doesnt matter, now its completely gone. Like good old Windows 7. Thank you so much for your wonderful work.

6. Kerrie-Louise

thank you I need to record a three-day seminar, I did not need this crap! you’re the man!

7. Nabeel Hassan

Love you man!!!
    One thing I like to request is to please add a timer setting functionality where one can set this OSD’s timeout to less than 5 secs (maybe I will set it to 0.5 sec or even less:)). It will help a lot as people will still get notification to check where their volume is and will also not get distracted.

Note: You can also do something like the OSD only displays while we hold the volume up/down keys and then gone.

1. Daniel (not the original lol)

Yeah I agree with this.
      I don’t know near enough about code but it would seem simple enough to have an editable txt file that the program could pull from on startup.

8. Ricky

This is a lifesaver. Hats off to you sir. On the previous blog post, a user called Henry asked if it was somehow possible to keep the volume slider itself visible, but remove the unnecessary big box to the right of it. I’d like to ask the same thing. The volume slider itself is handy for me, but the big box next to it isn’t.

For better or worse, I will keep using this awesome little program.

9. Daniel (not the original lol)

I would love to see this as well.
    Would love to see some clarification if they are 1 or 2 separate elements.
    I know in Google Chrome you can make it so it only shows the slider via
    chrome://flags/#hardware-media-key-handling